Alzheimer’s Disease and Other Dementias: What Does the Diagnosis Mean?
Tuesday, March 11, 2014
The first of a four-part series on diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of dementia. This workshop will cover:
- Progression from normal aging to Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI) and dementia
- Key features of Alzheimer's disease, Frontotemporal dementia (FTD) and Dementia with Lewy Bodies (DLB)
- Components of a diagnostic evaluation
To RSVP, call 949-824-2382, press option 4, and leave your name(s) and phone number or email email@example.com
Your RSVP serves as confirmation of your enrollment for this workshop. Individuals who do not RSVP by phone or email will only be allowed to attend, if space allows.More
Powerful Tools for Caregivers
Wednesday, March 12, 2014
This class is offered on six consecutive Wednesdays, February 5 through March 12, 2014 from 6:00 to 8:30 P.M.
The experience of being a family caregiver changes over time and you continue to face new challenges everyday. This 6 week class will help you improve your self-confidence and problem solving skills. The knowledge and skills you gain will help you better care for yourself and improve your quality of life. Lessons and discussion allow you to take the “tools” provided and put them into action. This class is focused on you, not the disease process. To view a flyer, click here.
• Take care of yourself
• Help reduce stress
• Make tough decisions
• Reduce guilt, anger and depression
• Set goals and learn to problem solve
• Communicate effectively with your doctors, family members and paid attendants
To join this class, please call and register at 714-446-5030.More